Combo Tour: Hanging Bridges + La Fortuna Waterfall + Volcano Hike
ARNEAL HANGING BRIDGES: We start heading to the side of the valley overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Lake Arenal. On an exhilarating and informative guided walk through the Hanging Bridges Nature Park. The Arenal Hanging Bridges are suspended over a rainforest canyon with great trails near the Arenal Volcano. You’ll get as close as you could ever hope to get to the birds, the flowers and the lush vegetation of this primary rainforest along the 3kms of easy, safe, beautiful trails and suspended bridges overlooking the tree canopy with outstanding views of the Arenal Volcano.
LA FORTUNA WATERFALL: From there, we head back through the town of La Fortuna and later take a fun drive up a country road as you make your way to the breath-taking 200-ft La Fortuna Waterfall. Once we arrive to the top of the road at the base of the extinct Cerro Chato Volcano, we hike down to the bottom of one of the largest waterfalls in the Northern Zone. The hike takes about 20 minutes down a well-maintained path in the river canyon. You’ll be able to take some time to swim in the crystalline pools and take advantage of some beautiful photo ops! It is truly amazing here – take in the nature, birds, rainforest, and enthralling sounds and sites of this enchanting La Fortuna attraction. Mother Nature at her best!
LUNCH & ARENAL VOLCANO HIKE: You will then have a nice pack lunch as you prepare for your afternoon guided hike of the Arenal Volcano.
Your naturalist guide will provide important and interesting information about the main characteristics of the Arenal Volcano and many more important details of the natural history of the Arenal Volcano. You’re bound to spot interesting wildlife along the way!.
- $160 perperson
- Children: 0 to 4 years is free
- 5 to 12 years have a 20% discount of the regular fare
- Aged 12 and above pay adult fare
- Bilingual Guide
- Entrances to La Fortuna Waterfall
- Entrances to Hanging Bridges
- Entrances to Arenal Volcano National Park
- 07:00am. Duration, 8 hrs.. Pick up time may vary depending on the hotel where you are staying.
- NOTE: The pick-up service is included for hotels in the area of La Fortuna. There is an additional charge for transportation to hotels outside of Zone 1
- ZONE 2: Lost Iguana, Observatory Lodge, Arenal Lodge & The Springs Resort: $ 20 per trip or $ 40 roundtrip.
- ZONE 3: Rancho Margot, Linda Vista, Arenal Vista: $ 25; $ 50 round trip
- ZONE 4: Leaves & Lizards, V. Hermosa, Tilajari: $ 35 / trip; $ 70 round trip
What to bring:
- Bug repellent
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes
- Rain gear
- Change of clothes
- Bathing suit