Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
Enjoy a peaceful boat tour in an area unsurpassed in natural beauty, considered one of the richest areas in biological diversity in Costa Rica (and the world!).
On the Caño Negro tour your guide will be on the lookout for three different species of monkeys (howler monkeys, spider monkeys, white-faced monkeys,) as well as iguanas, Jesus Christ lizards, three-toed sloths, turtles and caimans lurking on the river banks and you’ll also have the opportunity to see a great variety of rare tropical birds
The Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge is located 21 km southwest of Los Chiles and 36 km southeast of Upala.
It is one of the most important wetlands in the country and internationally for being a habitat with lots of wildlife, plus migratory species such as waterfowl during part of the year, some of them are endangered.
- $70 perperson
- Children: 0 to 4 years is free
- 5 to 12 years have a 20% discount of the regular fare
- Aged 12 and above pay adult fare
- Round Trip Transportation in an A/C bus
- Bilingual naturalist guide (English/Spanish)
- Covered boat
- 07:00am. Pick up time may vary depending on the hotel where you are staying.
- NOTE: The pick-up service is included for hotels in the area of La Fortuna. There is an additional charge for transportation to hotels outside of Zone 1
- ZONE 2: Lost Iguana, Observatory Lodge, Arenal Lodge & The Springs Resort: $ 20 per trip or $ 40 roundtrip.
- ZONE 3: Rancho Margot, Linda Vista, Arenal Vista: $ 25; $ 50 round trip
- ZONE 4: Leaves & Lizards, V. Hermosa, Tilajari: $ 35 / trip; $ 70 round trip
What to bring: