La Fortuna Waterfall Hike- Arenal’s most amazing waterfall!
This popular attraction in La Fortuna is great for the whole family.
The La Fortuna Waterfall is one of the best things to see when you visit the Arenal Area! You will love the hike down to this waterfall near the town of La Fortuna because you can see all of the natural beauty of the rainforest as well as the birds and wildlife that live there.
Once you arrive to the La Fortuna Waterfall, prepare to be blown away by the beauty of this impressive waterfall near the Arenal Volcano! You will also be able to swim and take amazing photos!
Be sure to ask your guide to keep an eye on your belongings while you are in the water.
One of our nature guides will pick you up right from your hotel and take you on a fun drive up a country road that leads past views of the extinct volcano known as Cerro Chato. You’ll be able to snap great photos of the Arenal Volcano and the Cerro Chato Volcano.
You will then reach the entrance area of the La Fortuna Waterfall. This Waterfall is a private nature park supported by the local government and proceeds from the entrance fee go directly to a variety of important public works projects in the La Fortuna area.
Once you pass through the gates of the La Fortuna Waterfall entrance, you will cross a long suspension bridge that takes you above the La Fortuna River canyon. You will then get to an area with newly-remodeled restrooms, showers and restaurant.
There is a look-out platform from the top of the waterfall where you can get your first glimpse of the breath-taking 150-ft La Fortuna Waterfall.
You will then head with your guide down to this famous waterfall. Get ready because there are 500 steps to get down to the waterfall and of course 500 steps to get back up!
When you are ready, take your time and head back up to the top. You can rinse off in the showers and change into dry clothes and take part in a delicious tropical fruit snack with your guide.
When you’re ready, jump into our van and head back to your hotel.
RECOMMENDED AGES 6-70 YEARS
- $60 perperson
- Children: 0 to 4 years is free
- 5 to 12 years have a 20% discount of the regular fare
- Aged 12 and above pay adult fare
- Round Trip Transportation in an A/C bus
- Bilingual naturalist guide (English/Spanish)
- Entrance to La Fortuna Waterfall
- 08:00am & 1:00pm. Pick up time may vary depending on the hotel where you are staying.
- NOTE: The pick-up service is included for hotels in the area of La Fortuna. There is an additional charge for transportation to hotels outside of Zone 1
- ZONE 2: Lost Iguana, Observatory Lodge, Arenal Lodge & The Springs Resort: $ 20 per trip or $ 40 roundtrip.
- ZONE 3: Rancho Margot, Linda Vista, Arenal Vista: $ 25; $ 50 round trip
- ZONE 4: Leaves & Lizards, V. Hermosa, Tilajari: $ 35 / trip; $ 70 round trip
What to bring:
- Bug repellent
- Hiking boots or tennis shoes
- Bathing suit