Lost Canyon Adventures near the Arenal Volcano!
No experience needed for canyoning in Costa Rica — just a good sense of adventure!
For this tour we will enter deep in the jungle, there we will prepare to get wet in tropical waterfalls.The Lost Canyon is one of La Fortuna’s best-kept secrets full of different kinds of adventures.
You will rappel down great waterfalls, jumping into the pools, walking on a guided tour of the canyon, climbing the canyon walls and hiking through the rainforest.
On the road, your guide will give you a quick briefing about what you’ll expect from this canyoning experience.
After a fun, 25-minute ride in the Jungle you arrive to the Lost Canyon Center and be greeted by the Adventure guides. Our professional guides will give you a full safety instructions, demonstrations and a practice session, then we head to the starting point of the Lost Canyon.
Start off the rappelling-leg of your canyoning journey with the first waterfall referred to as the “Baby” — a small-sized 10-ft waterfall that allows you to practice and ease your way into learning the ropes – literally! You will then hike deep into the rocky terrain of the wet and wild rainforest, surrounded by huge rocks, trees, and flowing streams.
You’ll soon reach what we fondly call the “Big Boy” — the second largest waterfall. Imagine this: there you are, on a sturdy platform looking down into the depths of a massive 150-ft tropical waterfall. You’ll start off by rappelling down the rock face and about half way through you’ll hear “LET GO!” – a few moments later you’ll have experienced your first guided, adrenaline pumping free fall!
The waterfalls will be getting bigger and BIGGER in the Lost Canyon! As you make your way through the four rappels, you’ll notice your strength and confidence keeps getting stronger and stronger… good thing, because the waterfalls keep getting bigger and BIGGER. You will finish your adventure with a rappell of 200ft waterfall drop.
At the top, change into your dry clothes and head up to the Canyon Café where there will be a well-deserved homemade lunch waiting for you! And be sure to smile for the camera because we have some paparazzi hidden out in the forest to catch you in the height of emotion and you’ll be eager to buy the photos of you doing such a cool adventure in Costa Rica at the end of the tour!
- $95 perperson
- Children: 0 to 4 years is free
- 5 to 12 years have a 20% discount of the regular fare
- Aged 12 and above pay adult fare
- Professional Guide
- Transport to/from your hotel
- Delicious Lunch
- Coffee and fruit snack
- 07:30am, 10:00am and 1:00pm. Pick up time may vary depending on the hotel where you are staying.
- NOTE: The pick-up service is included for hotels in the area of La Fortuna. There is an additional charge for transportation to hotels outside of Zone 1
- ZONE 2: Lost Iguana, Observatory Lodge, Arenal Lodge & The Springs Resort: $ 20 per trip or $ 40 roundtrip.
- ZONE 3: Rancho Margot, Linda Vista, Arenal Vista: $ 25; $ 50 round trip
- ZONE 4: Leaves & Lizards, V. Hermosa, Tilajari: $ 35 / trip; $ 70 round trip
What to bring:
- Clothes to get wet in
- Change of clothes
- Secure shoes
- Extra money to buy photos or a t-shirt of your tour