Whitewater Rafting at Balsa River class II-III.
Just 45 minutes from La Fortuna! Paddle through a beautiful section of the Balsa River with over 20 safe and fun Class II and III rapids while enjoying the natural beauty of the rainforest that surrounds it.
After your friendly and highly our bilingual guide gives you a safety briefing and a few paddling instructions you will be ready to begin the adventure.
You will enjoy splashing your way through the wave after wave of this river, which offers maximum enjoyment in a safe environment. You will also be able take a swim in the marvelous refreshing pools.
About halfway through the tour, we will stop along the river banks to prepare you a succulent buffet of tropical fruit of the season, to give you the energy to take on the rest of the waves that await you.
Finally, after 2 hours of incredible fun in the whitewaters of more than 20 class II-III rapids, we will stop for an unforgettable Costa Rican lunch prepared on a wood burning stove. After lunch, we will visit the “Trapiche” where you will discover some of the culture and traditions of Costa Rica, including sugar cane processing and taste testing. This additional mini tour will add great value to your trip, giving you the opportunity to meet local people and learn a little more about the Costa Rican way of life. This tour is ideal for everyone from beginners to experienced rafters, from 8 years and up.
- $72 perperson
- Children: 0 to 4 years is free
- 5 to 12 years have a 20% discount of the regular fare
- Aged 12 and above pay adult fare
- Transportation with free WiFi to and from most La Fortuna hotels in an A/C vans
- Bilingual certified guides (English/Spanish)
- Tropical fruit break
- Delicious meal at the end
- (Photo service available on most trips)
- 07:00am. Pick up time may vary depending on the hotel where you are staying.
- NOTE: The pick-up service is included for hotels in the area of La Fortuna. There is an additional charge for transportation to hotels outside of Zone 1
- ZONE 2: Lost Iguana, Observatory Lodge, Arenal Lodge & The Springs Resort: $ 20 per trip or $ 40 roundtrip.
- ZONE 3: Rancho Margot, Linda Vista, Arenal Vista: $ 25; $ 50 round trip
- ZONE 4: Leaves & Lizards, V. Hermosa, Tilajari: $ 35 / trip; $ 70 round trip